By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • Videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Legal Talk
Reading: Maharashtra: Death toll climbs to 10 in Dombivali boiler blast, rescue operations underway – World News Network
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • Videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Legal Talk
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Latest World News Update > Blog > National > Maharashtra: Death toll climbs to 10 in Dombivali boiler blast, rescue operations underway – World News Network
National

Maharashtra: Death toll climbs to 10 in Dombivali boiler blast, rescue operations underway – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork
Last updated: May 24, 2024 12:00 am
worldnewsnetwork 1 year ago
Share
SHARE

Thane (Maharashtra) [India], May 24 (ANI): The death toll from the boiler blast at a chemical factory in Dombivli has risen to 10, with rescue operations ongoing to retrieve two missing individuals.
Chairman of the Maharashtra Pollution Control Board, Siddhesh Kadam, inspected the site on Friday and said that they are working to complete this rescue operation as soon as possible.
“There have been a total of 10 casualties here, with 2 people missing, so the rescue operation is ongoing. We are working to complete this rescue operation as soon as possible and dealing with the hazardous chemicals,” Kadam said.
Under the directive of Chief Minister Eknath Shinde, Kadam reviewed the incident and discussed plans to prevent future tragedies.
“I am here at the site today to review this tragic incident under the direction of the Chief Minister. He has given strict instructions to provide all necessary support for the ongoing rescue operations and to prepare a plan to swiftly relocate the hazardous chemical unit from here. After this visit, we will have a meeting with our officers to finalize the plan, which we will then present to the Chief Minister,” Kadam said.

When asked about the opposition’s stand on the incident, he said, “I believe it is not appropriate to engage in politics at this place. If the opposition wants to contribute, they should not always oppose but also assist and support us.”
Earlier in the day, Ambadas Danve, Leader of the Opposition in the Maharashtra Legislative Council, criticized the lack of industrial safety measures in the area.
“There has been no Industrial Safety Department here. If you look at this area, such a factory should not have been here near the residential area and is the biggest crime…A technical person should have been here because a normal worker or labourer cannot handle a reactor. It is wrong to have such expectations from a normal labourer…The management of this factory is responsible for the blast. The Industrial Safety Department has been ignorant towards this. Under the leadership of Uddhav Thackeray a meeting was held in this area,” Danve said.
“There are around 450 factories in this area and an order was given to move all the chemical factories from this area…This is not the first accident in this industrial area since 2016 this is the fifth or sixth such accident,” Danve added.
The increase in residential areas around the industrial zone has raised safety concerns.
“This used to be an industrial area, but over the years, the number of residents has increased. To prevent such incidents from recurring in the future, we are planning to either relocate the hazardous chemical unit to a safer place or repurpose the area for something else,” Kadam said.

“This could have been very dangerous. Therefore, the hazardous chemical units in this area must be removed as soon as possible. We have made all the necessary plans, and the final approval will come after the Chief Minister’s approval,” he added, informing about the ongoing planning to remove hazardous chemical unit to some other place.
Meanwhile, Thane Police have registered a case against the company owners of Amudan Chemical Private Limited, Malti Pradeep Mehta, Malay Pradeep Mehta, and other officials under various sections of the IPC, including 304, 324, 326, 285, 286, 427, and 34. The accused are currently absconding, with five police teams formed to apprehend them.
“The accused is absconding after a case was registered against the Mehta family and the owner of the Amudan factory. A total of 5 teams have been formed to arrest the accused and are tracing the accused,” Thane Police said.
According to the Thane Police, inadequate precautions in chemical processing and storage led to the explosion. The blast, which occurred on Thursday at a plant in Phase Two of the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) area, was so powerful that it was heard several kilometers away. Initial reports indicated seven fatalities and 48 injuries, with large reactor pieces scattering up to a kilometer away.
“Proper precautions were not taken regarding the chemical process and the storage of the raw materials and final products, which led to chemical explosions,” Thane Police added.
Efforts continue to manage the aftermath of this event and ensure the safety of the community.
Further details are awaited. (ANI)

Contents
WORLD MEDIA NETWORKPRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTIONPress releases distribution in 166 countriesPress releases in all languagesPress releases in Indian LanguagesIndia PackagesEurope PackagesAsia PackagesMiddle East & Africa PackagesSouth America PackagesUSA & Canada PackagesOceania PackagesCis Countries PackagesWorld Packages

Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ANI; only the image & headline may have been reworked by News Services Division of World News Network Inc Ltd and Palghar News and Pune News and World News

sponsored by

WORLD MEDIA NETWORK


PRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTION

Press releases distribution in 166 countries

EUROPE UK, INDIA, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, FRANCE, NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SOUTHEAST ASIA, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, GREATER CHINA, VIETNAM, THAILAND, INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, SOUTH AMERICA, RUSSIA, CIS COUNTRIES, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND MORE

Press releases in all languages

ENGLISH, GERMAN, DUTCH, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, ARABIC, JAPANESE, and KOREAN CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, INDONESIAN, THAI, MALAY, RUSSIAN. ITALIAN, SPANISH AND AFRICAN LANGUAGES

Press releases in Indian Languages

HINDI, MARATHI, GUJARATI, TAMIL, TELUGU, BENGALI, KANNADA, ORIYA, PUNJABI, URDU, MALAYALAM
For more details and packages

Email - support@worldmedianetwork.uk
Website - worldmedianetwork.uk

India Packages

Read More

Europe Packages

Read More

Asia Packages

Read More

Middle East & Africa Packages

Read More

South America Packages

Read More

USA & Canada Packages

Read More

Oceania Packages

Read More

Cis Countries Packages

Read More

World Packages

Read More
sponsored by

You Might Also Like

Himachal: HC orders govt to take over Sanskrit College staff; slaps Rs 25000 cost on state – World News Network

Delhi: Yamuna crosses danger level mark, flows above 205.33 metres – World News Network

Telangana Assembly to debate PC Ghose Commission report on Kaleshwaram Project – World News Network

“Unfortunately, many people in this country donot trust EC today, No provision for SIR”: Congress MP Manish Tewari – World News Network

“China is not very reliable”: Congress MP Pramod Tiwari – World News Network

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Previous Article Make In India, Atmanirbhar Bharat were completely validated by our COVID experience: Jaishankar – World News Network
Next Article Edible oil industry urges Centre not to extend export ban on de-oiled rice bran – World News Network
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

235.3kFollowersLike
69.1kFollowersFollow
11.6kFollowersPin
56.4kFollowersFollow
136kSubscribersSubscribe
4.4kFollowersFollow
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Raksha Khadse, Jackie Shroff inspire citizens at 38th edition of Sundays on Cycle – World News Network
Sports 19 hours ago
India’s preparations for 2036 Olympics have started in full swing: Union Minister Piyush Goyal – World News Network
Sports 19 hours ago
Sports Minister Mandaviya leads cycling event in Delhi on Major Dhyan Chand’s 120th birth anniversary – World News Network
Sports 19 hours ago
Captain Harmanpreet, coach Craig highlight India’s defence concerns despite win over Japan in Asia Cup – World News Network
Sports 19 hours ago

Sports

From pandemic obscurity to international debut: Muhammed Uvais realises India dream – World News Network
Sports
FIDE updates dress code, allows jeans for Grand Swiss events – World News Network
Sports

Popular Category

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • National
  • Videos
  • Gujarati

Popular Category

  • Hindi
  • Lifestyle
  • Marathi
  • National
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • World

Entertainment

Lady Gaga to perform at MTV Video Music Awards 2025 – World News Network
Entertainment
Bigg Boss 19: Salman Khan gives Pranit More reality check over past stand-up digs, tells him not to go “below the belt” – World News Network
Entertainment
Copyright © 2023 World News Network. All Rights Reserved.
Join Us!

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news, podcasts etc..

[mc4wp_form]
Zero spam, Unsubscribe at any time.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?