By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • Videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Legal Talk
Reading: “Highlighted how far behind I was”: Ben Stokes explains his decision to opt out of T20 World Cup – World News Network
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • Videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Legal Talk
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Latest World News Update > Blog > Sports > “Highlighted how far behind I was”: Ben Stokes explains his decision to opt out of T20 World Cup – World News Network
Sports

“Highlighted how far behind I was”: Ben Stokes explains his decision to opt out of T20 World Cup – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork
Last updated: April 2, 2024 12:00 am
worldnewsnetwork 2 years ago
Share
SHARE

London [UK], April 2 (ANI): England’s star all-rounder Ben Stokes explained his decision to opt out of the upcoming T20 World Cup and described that missing the marquee event was a sacrifice that allowed him to be the all-rounder that he wanted to be for the foreseeable future.
The all-rounder on Tuesday opted out of the T20 World Cup, citing that he doesn’t want to be considered for selection for their title defence for the marquee event, which will take place in June in the West Indies and USA.
The 32-year-old said he was missing the showpiece tournament to focus on his return to bowling and fulfil a full role as an allrounder in all formats of cricket.
The England Test skipper stated that his choice to forego the IPL and the T20 World Cup is a sacrifice he is making in order to perform his responsibilities as an all-format all-rounder in the near future.
“I’m working hard and focusing on building my bowling fitness back up to fulfil a full role as an allrounder in all formats of cricket. Opting out of the IPL and the World Cup will hopefully be a sacrifice that allows me to be the allrounder I want to be for the foreseeable future,” Stokes said in a statement released by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) on Tuesday.
Stokes, who had originally retired from ODI cricket in the summer of 2022, changed his mind late last year and decided to play in the 50-over World Cup instead. However, his availability forced him to postpone knee surgery, and he was only able to bowl five overs during England’s recent 4-1 Test series defeat to India. After withdrawing from the IPL 2024, he expects to play for Durham in the County Championship in the next months.
“The recent Test tour of India highlighted how far behind I was from a bowling point of view after my knee surgery and nine months without bowling. I’m looking forward to playing for Durham in the County Championship before the start of our Test summer. I wish Jos [Buttler], Motty [Matthew Mott] and all the team the best of luck in defending our title,” he added.
England’s ICC Men’s T20 World Cup defence starts against Scotland on June 4 at the Kensington Oval in Barbados. They will then play group matches against Australia, Oman, and Namibia in Barbados and Antigua before qualification for the Super 8s and knockouts.
The ninth edition of the Men’s T20 World Cup begins on June 1 and will be played across the USA and West Indies. (ANI)

Contents
WORLD MEDIA NETWORKPRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTIONPress releases distribution in 166 countriesPress releases in all languagesPress releases in Indian LanguagesIndia PackagesEurope PackagesAsia PackagesMiddle East & Africa PackagesSouth America PackagesUSA & Canada PackagesOceania PackagesCis Countries PackagesWorld Packages

Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ANI; only the image & headline may have been reworked by News Services Division of World News Network Inc Ltd and Palghar News and Pune News and World News

sponsored by

WORLD MEDIA NETWORK


PRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTION

Press releases distribution in 166 countries

EUROPE UK, INDIA, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, FRANCE, NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SOUTHEAST ASIA, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, GREATER CHINA, VIETNAM, THAILAND, INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, SOUTH AMERICA, RUSSIA, CIS COUNTRIES, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND MORE

Press releases in all languages

ENGLISH, GERMAN, DUTCH, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, ARABIC, JAPANESE, and KOREAN CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, INDONESIAN, THAI, MALAY, RUSSIAN. ITALIAN, SPANISH AND AFRICAN LANGUAGES

Press releases in Indian Languages

HINDI, MARATHI, GUJARATI, TAMIL, TELUGU, BENGALI, KANNADA, ORIYA, PUNJABI, URDU, MALAYALAM
For more details and packages

Email - support@worldmedianetwork.uk
Website - worldmedianetwork.uk

India Packages

Read More

Europe Packages

Read More

Asia Packages

Read More

Middle East & Africa Packages

Read More

South America Packages

Read More

USA & Canada Packages

Read More

Oceania Packages

Read More

Cis Countries Packages

Read More

World Packages

Read More
sponsored by

You Might Also Like

IR Iran beat Palestine to notch up second win and remain at the top – World News Network

India U20 women to play two friendlies against Uzbekistan in Mahabalipuram – World News Network

“Didn’t expect this welcome, PM Modi fed us laddoos”: Indian women’s blind team rejoices after warm reception after T20 WC win – World News Network

Royal Champs’ Mohammad Shahzad: Embracing challenges, building unity, and growing in Abu Dhabi – World News Network

“Sharing dressing room with guys like Shakib, Roy, and Udana has been massive for me”: Royal Champs’ Aaron Jones – World News Network

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Previous Article Over 8,000 people continue to live in evacuation centres three months after Noto earthquake – World News Network
Next Article Adani Green Energy becomes first in renewables to surpass 10,000 MW operational portfolio – World News Network
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

235.3kFollowersLike
69.1kFollowersFollow
11.6kFollowersPin
56.4kFollowersFollow
136kSubscribersSubscribe
4.4kFollowersFollow
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Jio continues strongest growth in mobile and broadband users in October 2025: TRAI data – World News Network
Business 21 hours ago
BUMA International Group 9M 2025 Results Reflect Continued Recovery with Stronger QoQ Performance – World News Network
Business 21 hours ago
SpeQtre, the entanglement-based quantum comms demonstrator satellite, is now on orbit – World News Network
Business 21 hours ago
Miles CPA: India’s New Power Route to Global Accounting Leadership – World News Network
Business 21 hours ago

Sports

‘Gautam Gambhir to continue as Team India Head Coach across formats’ – World News Network
Sports
Athletes, coaches, officials welcome Ahmedabad’s confirmation as host of 2030 Commonwealth Games – World News Network
Sports

Popular Category

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • National
  • Videos
  • Gujarati

Popular Category

  • Hindi
  • Lifestyle
  • Marathi
  • National
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • World

Entertainment

Sonali Bendre says nobody is a born good pet parent as The Happy Pawdcast 2 begins – World News Network
Entertainment
IFFI 2025: Vietnamese film ‘Skin of Youth’ bags Best Feature; Santosh Davakahar wins Best Director for Marathi film ‘Gondhal’ – World News Network
Entertainment
Copyright © 2023 World News Network. All Rights Reserved.
Join Us!

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news, podcasts etc..

[mc4wp_form]
Zero spam, Unsubscribe at any time.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?