By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • Videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Legal Talk
Reading: From Kumble to Bangar: Former cricketers question Delhi Capitals’ death over tactics against RCB – World News Network
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • Videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Legal Talk
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Latest World News Update > Blog > Sports > From Kumble to Bangar: Former cricketers question Delhi Capitals’ death over tactics against RCB – World News Network
Sports

From Kumble to Bangar: Former cricketers question Delhi Capitals’ death over tactics against RCB – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork
Last updated: April 28, 2025 12:00 am
worldnewsnetwork 4 months ago
Share
SHARE

New Delhi [India], April 28 (ANI): Former cricketers Anil Kumble, Sanjay Bangar and Wasim Jaffer pointed out the tactical flaw in Delhi Capitals captain Axar Patel’s plan during the death phase of the second innings which led to their six-wicket downfall against Royal Challengers Bengaluru in the 18th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
During Delhi’s attempt to defend its 162/8, the entire chase became a pulsating affair when the equation came down to 38 runs required from 24 deliveries. Mukesh Kumar bowled the 17th over, and the duo of Krunal Pandya and Virat Kohli managed to steal 12 runs away.
Dushmantha Chameera conceded nine in the next but returned with the priceless scalp of Virat (51). When the Capitals seemingly reignited their ambition for victory, the entire contest suddenly ended within the blink of an eye.
Mukesh returned to the attack and then was bashed away for 6, 4, 4, 4 in the 19th, with Tim David being his tormentor. For the penultimate over, Axar had the option to exercise Mitchell Starc’s last over and Vipraj Nigam, who had bowled just a solitary over.
“I don’t know [what DC were thinking]. When you have 18-19 runs [the requirement was 17 from two overs] to defend in the last two overs, you give the 19th over to your best bowler to take it till the end. I was surprised that he gave the ball to Mukesh and not Starc. The result might have been the same, but the intent was wrong,” Kumble said on ESPNcricinfo’s Time Out show.
Axar’s intent to restrain Starc possibly came down to using the Australian’s services in the final over, considering his heroics against Rajasthan Royals earlier in the tournament.
“It must be the hangover from the [game against RR]. Axar must have thought that since Starc had defended nine runs in that last over, so let’s give this to Mukesh and see. It might have worked, but the thought process was wrong. Your best bowler should have bowled that over. Even if Starc had conceded, say, 12 runs, you have a legspinner [Nigam] for the last over if you don’t want to bowl Mukesh. Spinners sometimes create magical moments. It was a mistake on Axar’s part,” Bangar said.
“I felt he [Axar] didn’t show enough trust in Vipraj. Maybe he could have been given two-three overs too. Maybe it could have had an effect. Because at that stage [if a wicket had fallen], two overseas batters [David and Romario Shepherd] would have been there, and they might have found it tough. Jitesh [Sharma] was the main batter left then,” Jaffer added. (ANI)

Contents
WORLD MEDIA NETWORKPRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTIONPress releases distribution in 166 countriesPress releases in all languagesPress releases in Indian LanguagesIndia PackagesEurope PackagesAsia PackagesMiddle East & Africa PackagesSouth America PackagesUSA & Canada PackagesOceania PackagesCis Countries PackagesWorld Packages

Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ANI; only the image & headline may have been reworked by News Services Division of World News Network Inc Ltd and Palghar News and Pune News and World News

sponsored by

WORLD MEDIA NETWORK


PRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTION

Press releases distribution in 166 countries

EUROPE UK, INDIA, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, FRANCE, NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SOUTHEAST ASIA, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, GREATER CHINA, VIETNAM, THAILAND, INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, SOUTH AMERICA, RUSSIA, CIS COUNTRIES, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND MORE

Press releases in all languages

ENGLISH, GERMAN, DUTCH, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, ARABIC, JAPANESE, and KOREAN CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, INDONESIAN, THAI, MALAY, RUSSIAN. ITALIAN, SPANISH AND AFRICAN LANGUAGES

Press releases in Indian Languages

HINDI, MARATHI, GUJARATI, TAMIL, TELUGU, BENGALI, KANNADA, ORIYA, PUNJABI, URDU, MALAYALAM
For more details and packages

Email - support@worldmedianetwork.uk
Website - worldmedianetwork.uk

India Packages

Read More

Europe Packages

Read More

Asia Packages

Read More

Middle East & Africa Packages

Read More

South America Packages

Read More

USA & Canada Packages

Read More

Oceania Packages

Read More

Cis Countries Packages

Read More

World Packages

Read More
sponsored by

You Might Also Like

Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurates new track at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium on National Sports Day – World News Network

Hockey India leads way with futuristic Governance Reforms on National Sports Day – World News Network

Adani congratulates Praggnanandhaa on qualifying for Grand Chess Tour final in Brazil – World News Network

ICC partners with Google to boost Women’s Cricket engagement – World News Network

US Open 2025: Coco Gauff, Iga Swiatek book spots in third round with impressive wins – World News Network

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Previous Article RAK hosts ‘Visual Rhythms of Art and Photography’ exhibition – World News Network
Next Article SS Rajamouli’s ‘Baahubali’ to be re-released – World News Network
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

235.3kFollowersLike
69.1kFollowersFollow
11.6kFollowersPin
56.4kFollowersFollow
136kSubscribersSubscribe
4.4kFollowersFollow
- Advertisement -

Latest News

“Will vote unanimously in favour of INDIA bloc candidate”: Uddhav Thackeray on Vice Presidential elections – World News Network
National 20 hours ago
“No one has right to make objectionable remarks against PM”: JDU’s Neeraj Kumar over “abuses” hurled against PM Modi – World News Network
National 20 hours ago
“Insult to mandate of the people of country”: Jagdambika Pal over “abuses” hurled against PM Modi – World News Network
National 20 hours ago
Bihar SIR: Supreme Court to hear plea for extension on September 1 deadline for claims, objections – World News Network
National 20 hours ago

Sports

Irfan Pathan lays out challenges for Rohit, Virat, Shami ahead of 2027 Cricket WC – World News Network
Sports
UP CM Yogi pays tribute to ‘Hockey Magician’ Major Dhyan Chand on birth anniversary – World News Network
Sports

Popular Category

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • National
  • Videos
  • Gujarati

Popular Category

  • Hindi
  • Lifestyle
  • Marathi
  • National
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • World

Entertainment

Director Ridley Scott “turned down a 20M USD fee” when offered to direct ‘Terminator III’ – World News Network
Entertainment
Govinda, Sunita Ahuja dance together at Ganpati Visarjan after quashing separation rumours – World News Network
Entertainment
Copyright © 2023 World News Network. All Rights Reserved.
Join Us!

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news, podcasts etc..

[mc4wp_form]
Zero spam, Unsubscribe at any time.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?