By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • Videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Legal Talk
Reading: Uttarakhand CM Pushkar Singh Dhami orders swift relief, rescue operations after cloudbursts in multiple districts – World News Network
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • Videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Legal Talk
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Latest World News Update > Blog > National > Uttarakhand CM Pushkar Singh Dhami orders swift relief, rescue operations after cloudbursts in multiple districts – World News Network
National

Uttarakhand CM Pushkar Singh Dhami orders swift relief, rescue operations after cloudbursts in multiple districts – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork
Last updated: August 29, 2025 12:00 am
worldnewsnetwork 14 hours ago
Share
SHARE

Dehradun (Uttarakhand) [India], August 29 (ANI): In response to the recent cloudburst and heavy rains affecting Rudraprayag, Chamoli, Tehri and Bageshwar districts, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami on Friday spoke to the District Magistrates of the concerned districts over the phone and directed to conduct relief and rescue operations at a fast pace.
According to a release, the Chief Minister told the officials that the affected people should be immediately taken to safe places and there should not be any delay.
CM Dhami, in a high-level meeting of disaster management held at the Chief Minister’s residence, directed the officials to provide all basic facilities in the affected areas soon. “In case of disruption of road, electricity and drinking water supply, they should be made operational immediately,” he said.
He received detailed information about the incidents of cloudburst from the District Magistrates of Rudraprayag, Chamoli and Tehri and Bageshwar through virtual medium and directed to further expedite the relief and rescue operations. The Chief Minister also inquired about the rain and the condition of the roads from the District Magistrate Nainital.
The Chief Minister also made it clear that the government and “administration should remain on alert mode throughout the monsoon season. Whatever necessary resources and facilities are required for disaster relief work by the District Magistrates, they should be made available immediately. Also, it should be ensured that the affected families get compensation as per the prescribed standards soon.”
Earlier in the day, the Uttarakhand Chief Minister gave necessary instructions to senior officials, disaster secretary, and district magistrates at his official residence in the morning for relief and rescue operations due to the heavy rains in Rudraprayag, Chamoli and other districts.
Amidst relentless heavy rains and a devastating cloudburst in Rudraprayag district, authorities have evacuated over 70 residents from peril-stricken villages.
The Mandakini River, swollen beyond its banks, surged dangerously in the Kedarnath and Mandakini valleys, worsening the already dire situation.
A cloudburst in the Vasu Kedar area, though sparing the village major damage, added to the mounting crisis confronting the mountainous region.
In a self-made video, SP Akshay Prahlad Konde said, “We have been receiving 3-hour-long alerts of heavy rain in Rudraprayag. Heavy rain occurred in the Kedarnath and Mandakini Valley, causing the water level of the Mandakini River to rise. Additionally, there was information about a cloud burst in the Vasu Kedar area. However, the village remained safe, with minimal damage reported.”
Konde said that access to affected areas remains severely challenged by damaged routes, with authorities evacuating over 70 residents from villages.
“Our relief materials team has already arrived, and an inspection is underway. We have shifted almost 70-80 people. Some damage occurred in the market area of Chenagarh. It is suspected that eight labourers, including 4 Nepalis and four locals, are buried under debris. At 7-8 locations, routes are damaged, which has delayed rescue efforts. Nevertheless, we will reach the area soon and begin rescue operations,” he added.
Meanwhile, the SDRF rescue team have reached various locations of the affected areas. (ANI)

Contents
WORLD MEDIA NETWORKPRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTIONPress releases distribution in 166 countriesPress releases in all languagesPress releases in Indian LanguagesIndia PackagesEurope PackagesAsia PackagesMiddle East & Africa PackagesSouth America PackagesUSA & Canada PackagesOceania PackagesCis Countries PackagesWorld Packages

Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ANI; only the image & headline may have been reworked by News Services Division of World News Network Inc Ltd and Palghar News and Pune News and World News

sponsored by

WORLD MEDIA NETWORK


PRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTION

Press releases distribution in 166 countries

EUROPE UK, INDIA, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, FRANCE, NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SOUTHEAST ASIA, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, GREATER CHINA, VIETNAM, THAILAND, INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, SOUTH AMERICA, RUSSIA, CIS COUNTRIES, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND MORE

Press releases in all languages

ENGLISH, GERMAN, DUTCH, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, ARABIC, JAPANESE, and KOREAN CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, INDONESIAN, THAI, MALAY, RUSSIAN. ITALIAN, SPANISH AND AFRICAN LANGUAGES

Press releases in Indian Languages

HINDI, MARATHI, GUJARATI, TAMIL, TELUGU, BENGALI, KANNADA, ORIYA, PUNJABI, URDU, MALAYALAM
For more details and packages

Email - support@worldmedianetwork.uk
Website - worldmedianetwork.uk

India Packages

Read More

Europe Packages

Read More

Asia Packages

Read More

Middle East & Africa Packages

Read More

South America Packages

Read More

USA & Canada Packages

Read More

Oceania Packages

Read More

Cis Countries Packages

Read More

World Packages

Read More
sponsored by

You Might Also Like

“Ensures affordable raw materials for textile industry, major relief to exporters”: TN BJP chief welcomes extension of import duty exemption on cotton – World News Network

“We all want Bihar to develop”: RJD leader Tejashwi Yadav – World News Network

“Extremely unbecoming”: Bihar CM Nitish Kumar condemns use of indecent language against PM Modi – World News Network

Himachal LoP Thakur demands apology from Opposition over “abuses” hurled at PM Modi – World News Network

“Those who call RSS a secret organisation, their eyes must have opened”: VHP’s Alok Kumar – World News Network

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Previous Article MP: Leader of various parties attend all-party meeting over 27 % OBC reservation at CM House in Bhopal – World News Network
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

235.3kFollowersLike
69.1kFollowersFollow
11.6kFollowersPin
56.4kFollowersFollow
136kSubscribersSubscribe
4.4kFollowersFollow
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Scientists find simple tweaks that cut diabetes risk by 31%: Study – World News Network
Health 14 hours ago
Shah Rukh Khan is all praise for ‘The Ba***ds of Bollywood’ second song ‘Tu Pehli Tu Aakhri’, check now – World News Network
Entertainment 14 hours ago
Shararat trio reunites at Shruti Seth’s Ganesh Chaturthi lunch – World News Network
Entertainment 14 hours ago
Ganesh Chaturthi 2025: Ektaa Kapoor visits Lalbaugcha Raja, offers prayers to Lord Ganesha – World News Network
Entertainment 14 hours ago

Sports

Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurates new track at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium on National Sports Day – World News Network
Sports
Hockey India leads way with futuristic Governance Reforms on National Sports Day – World News Network
Sports

Popular Category

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • National
  • Videos
  • Gujarati

Popular Category

  • Hindi
  • Lifestyle
  • Marathi
  • National
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • World

Entertainment

Director Ridley Scott “turned down a 20M USD fee” when offered to direct ‘Terminator III’ – World News Network
Entertainment
Ganesh Chaturthi 2025: Varun Dhawan offers prayers at Lalbaugcha Raja, greets fans outside pandal – World News Network
Entertainment
Copyright © 2023 World News Network. All Rights Reserved.
Join Us!

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news, podcasts etc..

[mc4wp_form]
Zero spam, Unsubscribe at any time.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?