Coroner rules rapper Mac Miller died of drugs and alcohol overdose

0
7
Coroner rules rapper Mac Miller died of drugs and alcohol overdose

The 26-year-old’s death was the result of ‘mixed toxicity’, according to a report from the Los Angeles county coroner





Mac Miller in 2016.







Mac Miller in 2016.
Photograph: Scott Roth/Invision/AP

A coroner has ruled rapper Mac Miller’s death an accidental overdose due to a combination of drugs and alcohol.

A Los Angeles county coroner’s report released on Monday named the 26-year-old Miller’s cause of death as “mixed toxicity”, saying cocaine, alcohol and the powerful opioid fentanyl were found in his system.

Paramedics found Miller unresponsive in his Los Angeles home on 7 September and declared him dead soon after. An autopsy was performed on 10 September.

The Pittsburgh native was in a two-year relationship with Ariana Grande that ended earlier this year. In an Instagram post, the singer expressed her sadness over his death.

“I really can’t wrap my head around it,” she wrote. “We talked about this. So many times. I’m so mad, I’m so sad I don’t know what to do. You were my dearest friend. For so long. Above anything else. I’m so sorry I couldn’t fix or take your pain away.”

His music, which often examined his depression and drug use, won him fans among some of the biggest names in hip-hop. Performers at a tribute concert for him last week included Chance the Rapper, Travis Scott and Ty Dolla $ign.

“Thank you, Mac, for sharing your soul and your beauty with us, especially your love of music,” Donald Glover said in a video shown during the concert. “Thank you for sharing that with us.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here