PIERS Morgan unleashed a rant at “pathetic and spineless” BBC bosses after Good Morning Britain lost out at the Baftas.
The host, 54, was left outraged that the breakfast show’s News Coverage nomination wasn’t shown on the main programme, blasting: “Shame on the BBC”.
He said it was a “travesty” that GMB didn’t win an award last night, as he slammed the Baftas as “boring”.
Piers ranted: “You wouldn’t have known GMB got nominated. We never got mentioned during the two-hour, incredibly boring, show.
“If you sat through that and are still alive good luck to you. How they get through it, those luvvies, I have no idea.”
Cambridge Analytica Uncovered Production Team – ITN / Channel 4, won a Bafta for its News Coverage last night.
Good Morning Britain: On a Knife Edge? and its Thomas Markle Exclusive had been nominated for News Coverage, but the breakfast show lost out.
“It’s a travesty,” Piers scoffed.
“We were up for half the awards. Good Morning Britain was the first ever breakfast show to be nominated for that coveted award.
Bafta Television Awards: Full list of winners
- DRAMA SERES: Killing Eve (BBC Three)
- MINI-SERIES: Patrick Melrose (Showtime/Sky Atlantic)
- LEADING ACTRESS: Jodie Comer – Killing Eve (BBC America/BBC Three)
- LEADING ACTOR: Benedict Cumberbatch – Patrick Melrose (Showtime/Sky Atlantic)
- FEMALE PERFORMANCE IN A COMEDY PROGRAMME: Jessica Hynes – There She Goes (BBC Four)
- MALE PERFORMANCE IN A COMEDY PROGRAMME: Steve Pemberton – Inside No 9 (BBC Two)
- INTERNATIONAL: Succession (HBO/Sky Atlantic)
- SUPPORTING ACTOR: Ben Whishaw – A Very English Scandal (BBC One)
- SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Fiona Shaw – Killing Eve (BBC One)
- ENTERTAINMENT PEFORMANCE: Lee Mack – Would I Lie To You? (BBC One)
- SPECIALIST FACTUAL: Suffragettes With Lucy Worsley (BBC One)
- REALITY AND CONSTRUCTED FACTUAL: I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here! ( ITV)
- ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAMME: Britain’s Got Talent (ITV)
- SCRIPTED COMEDY: Sally4Ever (Sky Atlantic/HBO)
- COMEDY ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAMME: A League of Their Own (Sky One)
- FACTUAL SERIES: Louis Theroux’s Altered States (BBC Two)
- FEATURES: Who Do You Think You Are? (BBC One)
- SINGLE DOCUMENTARY: Gun No 6 (BBC Two)
- SINGLE DRAMA: Killed By My Debt (BBC Three)
- SOAP AND CONTINUING DRAMA: EastEnders (BBC One)
- CURRENT AFFAIRS: Myanmar’s Killing Fields (Channel 4)
- SPORT: 2018 WORLD CUP QUARTER FINAL: ENGLAND v SWEDEN Production Team – BBC Sport / BBC One
- NEWS COVERAGE: Cambridge Analytica Uncovered (Channel 4) – WINNER!
- VIRGIN MEDIA MUST-SEE MOMENT: Bodyguard – the assassination of Julia Montague (BBC)
Piers Morgan wasn’t impressed by the TV Bafta seating plan”But it didn’t make the main show. Churlish, pathetic and spineless by the BBC. I’m on to you.”
He added: “Shame on the BBC.
“You’ve got to explain yourselves. Just because the rival BBC breakfast show wasn’t nominated. We got half of the news coverage nominations.
“They just airbrushed it out of the whole thing. Like it didn’t happen.”
Katie Price asked if she’s on crack cocaine as she stares at woman’s privates
He was furious at being deemed less famous than Billie Piper, Bobby Berk and Bros has-beens Luke and Matt Goss who all had better seats.
It left Piers a staggering 54 seats from the top spot – and he was not happy about it.
After Bafta shared a picture of the seating plan, the Good Morning Britain host insisted: “I’d better be nearer the front than that.”
And when they jokingly replied: “You’ll sit where you’re told Piers!” he hit back: “You clearly haven’t worked with me before.”
Got a story? email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.