The independent inquiry committee, constituted by SC-appointed CoA, was due to submit its report on sexual harassment charges against BCCI CEO Rahul Johri by Nov 15. However, the report on the BCCI website did not carry any information. Speculation is that the BCCI may require its report to submit its report. Aditya Verma is yet to verify his statement copy.
| TNN | Updated: Nov 15, 2018, 22:49 IST
NEW DELHI: There is a suspense growing over the fate of Indian cricket board (BCCI) CEO
who is fighting allegations of sexual harassment The independent inquiry committee, constituted by Supreme Court-appointed
(CoA), was due to submit its report by Thursday as per the 15-day window set by the
on October 30
However, the BCCI website did not take any information if the report was submitted by the committee nor did the board issue a press announcement. TOI has learned that the development has given rise to speculation within the BCCI that the committee may require its report to submit its report.
It has also been learned from the independent committee, the deponents the transcript of their statements by Thursday morning. While the majority of the deponents have crossed-checked and returned the transcripts with required corrections, it has been learned about Aditya Verma, who has filed the petition against the 2013 spot-fixing scandal, also has a copy of the copy statement which may be verified Verma did not get a reply till late Thursday.
The three-member inquiry committee comprises of Justice
) – Chairman; Smt.
(Former Chairperson, Delhi Commission for Women) – Member; and Ms. Veena Gowda (Advocate) – External Member IC, BCCI
more from times of india Sports
- Rohit Sharma wants to start a clean slate in Australia 13 Nov, 2018, 1516 hours 01:35
- Dvn Return’s To Form Was Important Ahead Of Oz Tour: Rohit L2 Nov, 20l8, L643 HRS East 01:09
- Dvn’S 92 powers India to a six-wicket win over In WI 3rd T20I Nov L2, 20l8, L248 HRS East 01:05
- Virat Kohli launches formal footwear under his One8 brand 11 Nov, 2018, 1422 IST 01:52
- Virat Kohli asks critic to leave India, sparks row 8 Nov, 2018, 1117 hours 00:46
- Gautam Gambhir slams organisers, Questions ‘Honor’ For Azharuddin Nov 5, 20l8, L502 HRS East 01:54
- Virat Kohli: India’s run machine turns 30 Nov, 2018, 1348 hours IST 01:05
- Team India wishes Virat Kohli on his 30th birthday 5 Nov, 2018, 1304 hours 02:29
- Clinical India beat abysmal Windies in fifth ODI , win series 3-l Nov 2, 20l8, L240 HRS East 01:05
- MS Dhoni a certainty for 2019 World Cup 31 Oct, 2018, 1759 at 01:52