miHoYo will release open-world RPG Genshin Impact for Switch in addition to its previously announced PlayStation 4, PC, iOS, and Android versions, the developer announced. While the game was previously planned for a spring 2020 release on its already announced platforms, miHoYo now lists the release date as “to be announced.”
Here is an overview of the game, via miHoYo:
Genshin Impact, as an open-world action RPG title, set in the fantasy world of Teyvat, which offers a freely—explorable world, multiple characters, an in-depth elemental combo—based combat system and an engaging story. A mysterious figure referred to as “The Traveler,” players will embark on a journey of finding their long-lost sibling to piece together their own mystery, while revealing Teyvat’s numerous secrets. Joined by a lively companion called Paimon, players will explore the land filled with varied landscapes, culturally—diverse towns, and treacherous dungeons. By mastering the power of the seven elements with a custom party of up to four characters, players will overcome merciless foes and fiendish puzzles.
Genshin Impact previously locked down its availabilities for PlayStation 4, PC, and mobile platforms and now, Nintendo Switch has been added to this title’s chart of releasing platform in the future, releasing regions and schedules will be announced in future updates.
miHoYo also revealed a new area that will appear in Genshin Impact called “Of the Land Amidst Monoliths.” Here is a description of the area:
Head south from Mondstadt and you will arrive in a nation known as Liyue. The most prosperous merchant port in all of Teyvat—Liyue Harbor—sits facing the open ocean. Until this very day, the presence of the adepti can be noticed in the area, adepti which the people of Liyue believe to be lead by the Geo God, Rex Lapis.
Watch a trailer for the Switch version and the new area below.
Use the coupon code “GEMATSU” for 5% off.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example:
Woe is Leomon.State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.