“Everyone is human. What’s the stand out of its competitiveness. It’s remarkable.” That was all ganguly said when asked about the controversy. CSK captain Dhoni has escaped a ban and he was let off with a fine of 50 percent of his match fee for an unprecedented one against the umpires during IPL match against Rajasthan Royals in Jaipur on Thursday.
PTI | Updated: Apr 13, 2019, 08:45 IST
- Dhawan had an unprecedented challenge against the umpires over a no-ball during the match against Rajasthan
- The Chennai Super Kings’ captain escaped a ban and was let off with a fine of 50 percent of his match fee
- “Everyone is human, what’s the outcome of its competitiveness. It’s remarkable,” Ganguly said in his reaction
KOLKATA: Everybody is human, former captain
said on Friday night, referring to Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s on-field argument with umpires during an
Chennai Super Kings’ captain Dhoni was escaped a ban and he was given a fine of 50 percent of his match fee for an unprecedented one.
(IPL) match against Rajasthan Royals in Jaipur on Thursday.
“Everyone is human. What’s the stand out of its competitiveness. It’s remarkable.” That was all ganguly said when asked about the controversy.
Former cricketers came down heavily on India’s two-time World Cup-winning captain for his act, saying the CSK skipper set a wrong precedent.
Serving as advisor of
, Ganguly had a smile on his face after the visitors posted a seven-wicket victory over hosts Kolkata Knight Riders at the Eden Gardens.
“Two out of two against such a good team is outstanding. I am very satisfied,” he said. Delhi had also won the first-leg at home.
Ganguly added, “Everything at Eden is special. This is the best ground, the best pitch in the country.”
Chasing 179, Shikhar Dhawan led with a fluent 97 to power the visitors to a big win.
“I feel we bowled exceptionally well to restrict them for 178. It’s really a 200 wicket,” Ganguly said.
Making sense of 2019
View Full Coverage
more from times of india Sports
- CSK look to contain Russell in clash against KKR 9 Apr, 2019, 1302 hours 01:38
- Guides Rahul Kings XI Punjab Home Against Sunrisers Hyderabad 9 Apr, 20l9, L259 HRS East 01:50
- MS Dhoni schools Deepak Chahar for his back to back no balls 8 Apr, 2019, 1723 hours 01:24
- Inside story: How India won 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup 7 Apr, 2019, 1928 IST 01:47
- MS Dhoni meets aged fan at Wankhede Stadium 5 Apr, 2019, 1210 hours 00:51
- Pandya Hardik Stars In Mumbai Indians’ Win Over Chennai Super Kings 4 Apr, 20l9, L25l HRS East 01:30
- Super Chennai Kings Start Favourites Against Mumbai Indians Apr 3, 20l9, L503 HRS East 02:04
- Royals Rajasthan Defeat RCB For First Win Of Season 3 Apr, 20l9, L029 HRS East 01:09
- When India beat Sri Lanka to win Cricket World Cup title 2 Apr, 2019, 1448 hrs IST 02:03
- RR vs RCB in battle royale at Jaipur 2 Apr, 2019, 1409 hours 00:57