Caroline Flack inquest into death confirmed – Metro.co.uk

0
16
Caroline Flack inquest into death confirmed – Metro.co.uk

An inquest into Caroline Flack’s death will be held this week.

It has been confirmed that an inquest will be opened at 10am on Wednesday, 19 February at Poplar Coroner’s Court.

The inquest will begin just four days after the former Love Island host was found dead at her flat on Saturday 15 February.

A lawyer for the Flack family confirmed that Caroline had taken her own life.

A statement from the star’s family read: ‘We can confirm that our Caroline passed away today on the 15th February.

‘We would ask that the press respect the privacy of the family at this difficult time.’

It is believed that Flack took her own life shortly after her friend Lou Teasdale – who had stayed with her on Friday night – left to go to the shops, after Caroline persuaded her she was ok.

Her body was discovered by her father, Ian, who Lou called when she couldn’t gain access to the flat.

Friends stayed with Caroline on Valentine’s Day, including Mollie Grosberg, who shared the final picture of Caroline from 14 February, and at 10.30pm, an ambulance arrived in response to a 999 call made from the flat.

Paramedic crews assessed Caroline and decided that she did not need hospital treatment, with Lou then spending the night.

A source told The Sun: ‘Caroline had been unwell on Friday but by the time crews got there she was feeling much better and was coherent and responsive to them. She refused to go to hospital.

‘Caroline was with Lou and other friends and so everyone was satisfied she would be OK.

‘Lou then stayed overnight. She was absolutely brilliant with her. On Saturday morning Caroline insisted she was fine and persuaded her friend to go home.’

There has been criticism directed towards the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) by Caroline’s management, who accused them of setting up a ‘show trial’ by charging Flack with assault.

Caroline denied the charge of assaulting her boyfriend Lewis Burton, with Burton also refusing to support the prosecution.

When asked about the situation during a Channel 4 debate, Labour leader candidate Keir Starmer said that while he couldn’t comment on an individual case, he was sure the matter would be looked into, saying: ‘Well, of course. I am sure there will be an inquest and people will look into it.’

MORE: Love Island’s Molly-Mae Hague and Tommy Fury land in Las Vegas as she donates all profits from latest PLT edit to mental health charity

MORE: Geordie Shore stars apologise for suicide joke days after Caroline Flack’s death


Showbiz

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here